Visit #2
Date: Saturday, September 28
Time: 1:30 - 2:00 p.m.
Climate Conditions: Sunny, breezy
Temperature: 77°
Length of Day: 11 hours and 50 minutes
I heard: a frog croaking, cicadas, crab apples falling from trees, a lawn mower, wind blowing through trees, some type of animal in the underbrush
I felt: wind, flea/some type of bug crawling on my arm while I was doing the sound map
I saw: a school of minnows in the river, water striders, white wildflowers, animal footprints near the river but I couldn't tell what animal they belonged to, a piece of trash, a white moth, pink berries in the distance
I smelled: rotten crab apples, leaves
Changes noticed since last visit:
- The tree near the "entrance" to my area had either fallen down or it was taken down since my last visit.
- I also noticed that there was pink ribbon around a tree near the beginning of the dirt path that I take to go down to the river. I wonder why the ribbon was put there... Are they taking down that tree? Does that tree have a disease? I will have to pay attention to what happens to that tree the next time I go to my field study location.
- I also noticed that the leaves/underbrush seemed a little bit more colorful/bright than last time. This might be because during my first visit it was raining, and this visit it was sunny. But it might also be because the leaves are starting to turn colors, which I noticed that most of the leaves near my field study location started turning a light green/yellow color.
Here are a few pictures of my area (same spot photos):



.jpg)
Great work! Keep it up!
ReplyDelete