Visit #5

Date: Thursday, November 14

Time: 4:30 - 4:45 p.m.

Climate Conditions: cloudy, damp, still

Temperature: 47°

Length of Day: 9 hours and 45 minutes


I heard: birds, not as many as last time; traffic; water rippling through the rocks; the splash of the jumping fish

I felt: nothing

I saw: water rippling; a lookout further down the river and on top of the ravine, couldn't see it the last couple of times due to trees and leaves in the way; a couple of birds nests in the trees; the water was very murky, couldn't see the bottom of the river; dead leaves; squirrels in the trees

(not in my location) - While my mom, my brother, and I was walking to my location, we saw a deer, which was really cool to see. 

I smelled: nothing out of the usual


Changes noticed since last visit:

- The river level definitely rose since last time. The rock that I stood on to that pictures was almost fully submerged under the water. 

- I still saw the jumping fish, but they weren't frequent at all. For the 15-20 minutes I was there, I only saw 3-5 fish jump out of the water. I think this could be because there aren't many more bugs for the fish to jump out and eat. I did notice that the splashes they had were way bigger than the first time I saw the fish, which makes me think that the fish have gotten bigger. 

- The water was very murky. The tannins weren't noticeable at all because there was so much dirt and runoff in the river. I think the recent rain affected the murkiness and the level of the river. The river was also moving a lot faster than any of the times I have been to my location, which was kind of cool to see. 


Here are a few pictures of my area (same spot photos):










Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts