Visit #1

Date: Friday, September 6

Time: 7:15-7:45 p.m.

Climate Conditions: Cloudy, sunny, breezy, rainy

Temperature: 61°

Length of Day: 12 hours and 54 minutes


I heard: birds chirping, cicadas, leaves rustling, trees creaking

I felt: weeds/underbrush, bugs biting me

I saw: half dead crab apple tree, poison ivy, wildflowers, a few people

I smelled: dirt


Other observations:

- As I was walking back to my car from my spot, I saw a few deer running through the woods. I thought that it was really cool to see, and it reminded me of awe and stewardship. Seeing the deer, which included a fawn, was an awe moment for me. This also reminded me that we have to be a steward of the nature areas where these deer live, because if we take away plots of land full of trees, they won't have anywhere to go. 


Here are a few pictures of my area (same spot photos):




Here is an aerial map of my area:



This is my sketch that I drew while I was there:



Below is a link to my introduction video:






Comments

  1. Give a little more info about the things you are seeing (how many? where? what kind?) when you can and start watching for colors...flowers, fungi, tracks, etc. With a little more description it will be easier to compare to the future visits. The rest looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent job on the video...may I use yours as an example for future?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You can gladly use my video in the future!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts